Thursday, March 25, 2010

Whistle for the Crows


Whistle for the Crows by Dorothy Eden
published by Ace Books
Copyright 1962



The job had seemed a godsend to Cath-
leen Lamb, alone, friendless, and in need of
a home. It has been fascinating at first,
tracing the O'Riordan family tree. But the
past, she soon discovered, was intricately
and diabolically woven into the present, and
its strong, slender threads were even now
involving her with
  • The tyrannical spinster who controlled lives and purse-strings
  • The younger heir who might - but did he? - kill to get what he wanted
  • The girl who married the wrong man
  • The baby who was born to the wrong woman
  • The brother who weren't bothers
  • The two drownings - and the accidents that weren't accidents
In the gloomy castle on the edge of a moor,
a spirited girl pokes among the moldering
bones of a family skeleton and stirs up the
dust of malice and murder.

You know that is exactly the kind of Craigslist job ad that inevitably turns out to be too good to be true. It will assuredly end with something like "Please send topless photo and measurements to help selection process." Damn! Burned again.

Okay, so this is driving me crazy.
We have a signature but I just can't make it out. I would also swear on the Necronomicon that I have another book with a cover illustrated by this same artist but I can not locate it. I have scanned the books I have already posted and I even sorted through the books waiting in the wings but no luck. If you know who it is, put me out of my misery, please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I looked up the cover artist, apparently his name is Bob Schinella. Perhaps searching his name will help you remember what the book you were looking for was called!

    Hope I helped!

    ReplyDelete