Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Seed of Evil

Seed of Evil by Petrina Crawford
published by Magnum Books
Copyright 1967

The
Evil That Men Do

"The evil that men do lives after them ..."
Joanna Bruce had heard those words, of course,
but she had no idea how true they were -
or how that truth could change the course of her
life. She had no idea of the depths of evil
to which man could sink, nor of the dangerous
heritages one can leave behind him ...

But she was to learn. Hired abruptly as companion
to warped, bitter old Martin Crask, Joanna
was thrust into a new and alien environment.
The old Cornish mansion was a veritable lair of
evil ... and Joanna gradually became aware
of its nefarious secrets. But could she learn
the ultimate secret in time to escape with her
sanity ... and her life?

Wow, Martin Crask sounds fantastic! I think all books should contain at least one warped and bitter character. I hope someday to inspire the warped and bitter character within a novel written by one of my children, or if I don't perfect it right away, a novel written by my children's children. Either way, it will be kind of like having my own "evil" living after me. And with out all the effort of holding the world hostage like a James Bond villain.

Oh, and by the way Joanna, what's up with your sleeves?

2 comments:

  1. wedding dress? sure looks like mine, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! I originally wrote this one up for "Wedding Dress" week, then thought maybe it should have been part of "Whose that dude on the cover" Week. Couldn't decide and then just never put it up.

    ReplyDelete