Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Winds of Night Original Art - Identify that Artist!


Hello everyone. I just received a email from Tom who is the proud owner of the original artwork for The Winds of Night by Anne Buxton, writing as Anne Maybury.

Firstly, I should say that I am quite jealous. Secondly I should say that I don't know the artist. Tom doesn't either. Anyone out there recognize this one?

Tom has been kind enough to have posted a scan of this image, along with some other great stuff on his Flickr page. Click the link to take a look. I really like the fantastic Secrets of Haunted House cover. Sadly, an issue NOT in my collection.

Thanks Tom!

5 comments:

  1. This made me think of you. Not sure if you already have it or not.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WXPQmKvH58k/TOwMlp39QlI/AAAAAAAAVbs/DFdDAIdn99k/s1600/3p.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks KW! That is quite possibly the best cover ever! Firstly, it used the word Gorgon in the title. Secondly, a Queen Anne! Fantastic.

    Thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure of the artist, but reminds me of the old Nancy Drew covers, the brush strokes and how she looks behind her:

    http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvPSYtYvtp7sonNSEV_pIrmkacsIwW1zidRhTY1tTAIHGjDHoW

    http://www.chroniclebooks.com/site/catalog/images/items/0811849/0811849783/0811849783_large.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of those Nancy Drew covers were done by Rudy Nappi, and that would be awesome if my cover was by him. I don't think so, it looks a little rougher and looser than Nappi, but I've never seen a Nappi original though. Something to think about.

    ReplyDelete